Skip to content
- Accept the reality of what has happened.
- Accept and experience the full negative emotional impact. For example, it’s likely to damage your self-confidence and undermine your self-esteem. You are also likely to experience loss.
- Talk about it with people who understand and care. This will help you to process the negative emotions so you can start to heal and move on with your life.
- Change the way you think about yourself and the negative experience. See it as something you can learn and grow from – and not as something that destroys your life.
- “When one door closes another opens” so get back in the game and embrace life again. Set yourself new goals, and embrace a dream again. Something even better may be waiting for you!